Aquariums can be quite expensive, especially if you intend on keeping a rare saltwater fish. But you do not necessarily need to buy an incredibly costly setup in order to keep your fish happy. If you’ve read our guide on pet costs, you might have a better idea on the costs of owning an Emotional Support Animal fish.
Fish Worth a Small Fortune
The rarity of the specimen and its uniqueness will determine the price of the fish which can range from $1,000 to as high as $400,000! Yes, this is really the expensive fish section of the article!
The Platinum Arowana – According to the Success Story, there was a $400,000 called the Platinum Arowana which is the most expensive fish on this list. It’s so valuable that an ID chip is implanted into it! This fish can reach larger size dimensions and is found on several continents. It isn’t one of the best pet fishes to own.
The Peppermint Angelfish – With another price cut, perhaps you could afford the Peppermint Angelfish. This very exotic fish sells for around $30,000. It’s a deep water fish with stripes of red and white (for therein derives its name.)
Neptune Grouper: -This stunning fish is almost never available for purchase, so when it is, collectors clamor for it paying upwards of $6,000. It’s a deep water fish, presenting many challenges in collecting it, including the need for the divers to rise slowly to allow decompression not only for themselves but for the specimens they collected. Very few are found in shallow enough waters that allow them to be caught.
Wrought Iron Butterflyfish: – At $2,700 this fish is found off the waters of Japan this little beauty reaches an average size of approximately 6 inches. It is one of the hardiest of the Butterflyfish family, but also one of the least owned due to its price tag. The average home aquarist doesn’t usually spend over $2,000 for one fish.
Chart Provided by PetEducation
The Cheap Fish
As you can see from the chart above, pets can be expensive if you add everything up. Some fish also happen to be expensive just for their own existence! But don’t let it deter you from getting yourself a fishie!
Besides, you might want a fish, especially if you have a child:
Parents always argue about whether dogs or cats are better pets for their kids. What they don’t know is that there’s one type of an animal that is way better than these two creatures and that is: fish. These aquatic creatures can be a good starter pets for kids to teach them the responsibility of caring for a life. And to let you understand more, here’s a few more reasons why fish make great pets.
1. Fish are easier and less expensive to feed. They are also the best pet for the people who don’t have ample time to devote to a higher-maintenance companion creatures. Nevertheless, these type of animals require knowledgeable caretakers.
2. Fish don’t make any sound. Unlike dogs and cats fish is a quiet companion. So, you don’t have to worry about any sound that can potentially disturb your neighbor or your sleeping baby.
3. If you are a very organized person, then fish is a perfect choice. They won’t pee or leave a poop anywhere to your house.
4. If your family member has an allergy, then fish is the best pet for your kids since they are in the water and there won’t be any direct contact with your children.
5. You don’t have to worry about their home. As long as you have a well-maintained aquarium, you can leave it anywhere in your home. Likewise, it can be a beautiful addition to your house.
6. They are perfectly clean. Hence, you don’t have to spend money just to give them proper grooming. In addition, you don’t need to brush their teeth.
7. Fish come in different sizes and vibrant colors. Moreover, apart from their stunning appearance, these creatures are also known to have a tranquil effect. Thus, watching them swim peacefully through the water is very calming; giving you serenity and good vibes.
So, there you have it! Fish are indeed wonderful pet for kids, especially for the youngsters who never kept pets before.
Fish can be expensive pets, but they shouldn’t be if you shop around for the best buys in fish and aquarium rigs. And don’t forget, no matter how cheap a fish may be, many fish have to be grouped in quantities of four or more. If you’d like to keep on reading, then we even have 10 reasons why fish would make a good pet!
My brother recommended I might like this blog.
He was totally right. This post truly made
my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
Wow that was odd. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after
I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up.
Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyways, just
wanted to say excellent blog!
We apologize that your former comment didn’t show up. Thank you for reading our blog!
In fact it really makes all the cat family hard to match the regular meaning of a species.
Chasing an easy is a simple and affordable method of getting your cat moving.
It has mood changes, seems more grouchy and much less sociable, etc.
Hi! You seem like someone who definitely loves cats and dogs and pets in general! You must have read one of our cat blogs too it seems like!
Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog before but after looking at a few of the
posts I realized it’s new to me. Regardless, I’m certainly happy I stumbled upon it and I’ll be bookmarking it and
checking back frequently!
Thanks! We will constantly have more and more blogs in the future! Stay tuned!
What i don’t understood is if truth be told how you’re no longer actually a lot more smartly-liked than you may be now. You’re so intelligent. You realize therefore considerably relating to this subject, made me for my part believe it from numerous varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated until it’s something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs great. All the time care for it up!
The root of your writing whilst appearing agreeable in the beginning, did not work perfectly with me personally after some time. Somewhere throughout the paragraphs you actually managed to make me a believer but only for a short while. I still have got a problem with your leaps in assumptions and one would do well to help fill in all those gaps. When you actually can accomplish that, I could certainly be impressed.
“Whats up! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have got right here on this post. I can be coming back to your blog for more soon.”
excellent post, i certainly love this site, continue it