Guest post: If you want your dog to be obedient and if you’re looking to spend some fun time with it or even traveling with your emotional support dog, you’re going to need to make sure that it’s trained properly from the very beginning. If you don’t act like a leader they would take on the alpha role and try and boss you around. Therefore, from the very start you must make sure that you let them know that you’re the leader in the pack.
- Positive Reinforcement Helps a lot:
Positive reinforcement doesn’t just work on dogs, but all animals. This is the reason most professional dog trainers make use of this technique when training your dogs.
Whenever a dog does something that you wanted it to do, you must praise it and if possible offer it a treat. However, if it does something wrong you must shout at it and refuse to offer it any kind of treats. If you can train it to sit and stay, you can easily train your dog to take a bow. In bowhunting, most people use single pin bow sights.
You’re not going to be sure as to what motivates your dog the most. Is it a gentle pat on the head or is it a treat that does the trick? Well, each dog is different and therefore you need to find out what works on your dog.
- Everything Needs to be Earned:
We all know that nothing in life is free and therefore you must make sure that your dog is well versed with this basic fact. If you feed your dog and they turn their bowl upside down for instance, you must make them sit in a corner until they’ve realized why they’ve been sent there.
Also, if they act stubborn you should not offer them their dinner on a certain day. But refusing to feed them could be a bad thing too, therefore you could try giving them something they don’t like if they’ve been a bad dog.
- Redirect the Energy:
Dogs especially puppies are really active and have a lot of energy that they would use on things that you don’t like such as spoiling your furniture and breaking things in your house.
Therefore, you must make sure that you don’t get rid of this energy and instead try and convert it into something that you like such as guarding your house, fetching your newspaper or best of all – playing with you!
There’s not a lot that you could do when it comes to training dog, the only thing that’s in your hands is the ability to redirect energy and actions into something that’s desired.
- 3 Tips To Ensure That Your Pet Is Happy And Well-Adjusted:
As a pet owner, you need to ensure that your dog is house trained & well behaved. This will ensure that your pet does not cause damage at home or get into scrapes with humans or other animals. However, if you merely look for obedience then there is no guarantee that your pet will be happy. Since you cannot expect your pet to know what the desired behavior is then you’ll need to train it properly, perhaps with the help of a good dog training guide.
Dog training is a very interesting field and good trainers are now able to get a very badly behaved dog to change its attitude and responses to the world around it. Even if you have hired a professional to change your pet’s behavior, there are a few things you could do bring about a positive change in it. They include:
- Try to understand the reason for your pet’s misbehavior: Only if you understand what is causing the destructive behavior or acting as a trigger for it will you be able to take remedial measures.
- A reasonably good insight into canine psychology will help you modify your behavior so that you can get a certain response from the dog. You can also use this knowledge to train the dog to behave in a certain manner.
- Don’t be harsh with your pet even if it has behaved badly: Aggression and other unwanted behaviors are not always caused because the dog is ‘bad’. Dogs generally behave in negative manners when they are under stress. If you pile on more stress then the animal will only get more defensive. If, however, you are kind in your approach then you can be sure that your pet will respond by behaving in the desired manner. You should also be very patient with your pet because it is never easy to learn new ways of behaving.
Your dog will let go of various destructive behaviors such as unnecessary barking and chewing as well as urinating in the wrong places. This will require quite a bit of patience and effort on your part but you will be very pleased with the results.