Just as any human, your pet also needs special care and attention to stay healthy and active. There are so many things you can do to achieve the target. Therefore, to help you, here we have answered the most common questions asked by all the pet parents, and their answers by international vets.
How Often Should You Visit The Vet?
To get an answer to this question, you will have to consider various factors like the pet’s age and health. However, some recommendations might come in handy for you as a pet owner:
- For the puppies and kitties, it is recommended to take them to the vet when they are around 6 weeks old to start the vaccination. This will continue, and you have to visit the vet’s office for several weeks until your pet has turned 4 months of age. After this, it is recommended to take your pet when it is 6 months of age.
- Whereas, for adult dogs and cats, it is recommended to visit the vet at least once a year. These regular visits are extremely important to maintain the pet’s health and to diagnose any serious medical problem before it gets worse.
- If your pet has reached seven years of age or more, then the experts at IVS Pet recommend you to visit the doctor’s office every six months. Although, when your pet is more than ten years of age, your vet might recommend a check-up every three months because the pet is more at risk to get a disease.
- Also, regardless of age, if you see something strange with your pet, take them to the vet’s office.
How Often To Bathe the Pet?
Well, the frequency of how often to bathe your pet depends on the following factors:
- For cats, if it is an outdoor one, bathe them once a month. But, it can vary depending on the lifestyle of the cat. If it comes home covered in mud, you will need to break this rule. We recommend using cat bath wipesto clean up the mess your cat created.
- Another reason that can cause you to break this rule is when the cat gets fleas. Use a shampoo that is specifically designed to target the problem. Don’t forget to use warm water and gentle motions during the bath.
- When it comes to bathing dogs, the frequency is the same as cats, i.e. once per month. If you bathe them too frequently, their skin will start to dry. So, we would recommend you find the best dog shampoo for dry skin and dandruff control for your pup’s skin.
What Vaccination Does The Pet Need?
At around six weeks old, every pet should start to get the vaccination. The most common vaccines for a puppy is against:
- Canine hepatitis
- Canine parvovirus
- Distemper, etc.
For the kittens, the vaccine is important to fight against:
- Feline calci virus
- Feline herpes type 1
- Distemper, etc.
How Can I Take Care of My Pet’s Teeth?
Brush the teeth of your pet on regular basis. Teeth cleaning is extremely important for the following reason:
- The sign of gum and teeth diseases is faced by 80% of the dogs when they reach the age of three, same is the case with the cats.
Because of this reason, the international vets recommend getting annual professional cleanings.
Now, that we have answered the most common concerns of the pet owners, we hope you get the solution for your problems and can take care of your pet’s health.